DWI Lawyer in Owensville, MO
DWI Lawyer in Owensville, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst experiences a Owensville, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Owensville, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Owensville, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Waterkotte as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Owensville, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective DWI lawyer on your Owensville, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Waterkotte, our experienced Owensville, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our clients throughout the Owensville, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Owensville, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Owensville is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Owensville, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Waterkotte will work with you regardless of any financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Owensville, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Owensville, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous Owensville, MO-area DWI cases, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI near Owensville, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Owensville, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Owensville, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Waterkotte attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Owensville, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in Owensville, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Waterkotte attorney will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Owensville, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Owensville, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in significant repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Owensville, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Owensville, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Owensville, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Owensville, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Owensville, MO pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Many drivers in the Owensville, MO area may be unaware that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Owensville, MO.
When you hire the Owensville, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Waterkotte, you can be confident that our firm will promptly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the Owensville police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Contact A Owensville, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Waterkotte
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Owensville, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Owensville, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Owensville will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous people in Owensville, MO, Combs Waterkotte has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Owensville, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Owensville, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .