DWI Lawyer in Farmington, MO
DWI Lawyer in Farmington, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst fears a Farmington, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Farmington, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Farmington, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Waterkotte as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Farmington, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective DWI lawyer on your Farmington, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Waterkotte, our knowledgeable Farmington, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our clients throughout the Farmington, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Farmington, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Farmington accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every aspect of our service. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Farmington, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Waterkotte will work with you no matter what financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your Farmington, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Farmington, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Farmington, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI near Farmington, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Farmington, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Farmington, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Farmington, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Farmington, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Farmington, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Farmington, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following repercussions under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Farmington, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Farmington, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Farmington, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
- Child Pornography Defense Lawyer
- Criminal Lawyer
- Juvenile Defense Lawyer
- Sexual Misconduct Lawyer
- Traffic Ticket Lawyer
- Order of Protection Defense Lawyer
- Speeding Ticket Lawyer
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Farmington, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Farmington, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Many drivers in the Farmington, MO area do not know that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Farmington, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Farmington, MO at Combs Waterkotte, rest assured that our firm will promptly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the Farmington police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built for success. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Farmington, MO | Combs Waterkotte
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Farmington, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Farmington, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Farmington will be significantly reduced, if not eliminated.
For numerous individuals in Farmington, MO, Combs Waterkotte has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Farmington, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will promptly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Farmington, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Farmington, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Waterkotte to diligently handle your case.