DWI Lawyer in Crestwood, MO
DWI Lawyer in Crestwood, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst fears a Crestwood, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Crestwood, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Crestwood, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Crestwood. Waste no time; call Combs Waterkotte as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Crestwood, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient Crestwood, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced or even dismissed charges. At Combs Waterkotte, our experienced Crestwood, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Crestwood, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Crestwood, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Crestwood is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Crestwood, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Waterkotte will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Crestwood, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Crestwood, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Crestwood, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Crestwood, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Crestwood, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Crestwood, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Crestwood, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Crestwood, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Crestwood, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Crestwood, MO
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Crestwood, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Crestwood, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Crestwood, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Crestwood, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a Crestwood, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most drivers in the Crestwood, MO area do not know that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Crestwood, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Crestwood, MO at Combs Waterkotte, rest assured that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the Crestwood police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Contact A Crestwood, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Waterkotte
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Crestwood, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Crestwood, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Crestwood will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Waterkotte has helped hundreds of Crestwood, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a dedication to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Crestwood, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Crestwood, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Crestwood, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Waterkotte to work for you.