DWI Lawyer in Valley Park, MO
DWI Lawyer in Valley Park, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst fears a Valley Park, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Valley Park, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Valley Park, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Waterkotte as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Valley Park, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and proficient Valley Park, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Waterkotte, our seasoned Valley Park, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Valley Park, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Valley Park, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Valley Park is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near Valley Park, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Waterkotte, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Valley Park, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Valley Park, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Valley Park, MO-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Valley Park, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Valley Park, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Valley Park, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Valley Park, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Valley Park, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Waterkotte attorney will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Valley Park, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Valley Park, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Valley Park, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Valley Park, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Valley Park, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous forms of law, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Valley Park, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Valley Park, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Many Valley Park, MO-area drivers may be unaware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Valley Park, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Valley Park, MO at Combs Waterkotte, you can be confident that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the Valley Park police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Valley Park, MO | Combs Waterkotte
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Valley Park, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Valley Park, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your DWI arrest in Valley Park will be greatly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Waterkotte has helped hundreds of Valley Park, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Valley Park, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Valley Park, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Valley Park, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Waterkotte to work for you.