DWI Lawyer in Concord, MO
DWI Lawyer in Concord, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst experiences a Concord, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Concord, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Concord, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Waterkotte as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Concord, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and proficient Concord, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced or even dismissed charges. At Combs Waterkotte, our experienced Concord, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Concord, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Concord, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending Concord residents accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near Concord, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Waterkotte, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Concord, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Concord, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous Concord, MO-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI in the Concord, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Concord, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Concord, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Waterkotte attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Concord, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Concord, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Concord, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Concord, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Concord, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Concord, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Concord, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Concord, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Concord, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Concord, MO area may be unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Concord, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Concord, MO at Combs Waterkotte, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the Concord police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Concord, MO | Combs Waterkotte
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Concord, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Concord, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Concord DWI arrest will be substantially reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Waterkotte has helped hundreds of Concord, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Concord, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Concord, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .