DWI Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO
DWI Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, particularly considering the likely repercussions for Harrisburg, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Harrisburg community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Harrisburg, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Harrisburg. Waste no time; call Combs Waterkotte as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Harrisburg, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Harrisburg, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Waterkotte, our knowledgeable Harrisburg, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our clients throughout the Harrisburg, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Harrisburg, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Harrisburg is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. When facing DWI charges near Harrisburg, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Waterkotte, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Harrisburg, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Harrisburg, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous Harrisburg, MO-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Harrisburg, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Harrisburg, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Harrisburg, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Harrisburg, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Harrisburg, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Harrisburg, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Harrisburg, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Harrisburg, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Harrisburg, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in Harrisburg, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Harrisburg, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect of a DWI case in Harrisburg, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Many drivers in the Harrisburg, MO area may be unaware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Harrisburg, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Harrisburg, MO at Combs Waterkotte, you can be confident that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the Harrisburg police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Harrisburg, MO | Combs Waterkotte
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Harrisburg, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Harrisburg, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Harrisburg DWI arrest will be significantly reduced, if not eliminated.
For numerous individuals in Harrisburg, MO, Combs Waterkotte has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Harrisburg, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Harrisburg, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial case review and put the experienced Harrisburg, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Waterkotte to work for you.