DWI Lawyer in Bridgeton, MO
DWI Lawyer in Bridgeton, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the potential repercussions for Bridgeton, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Bridgeton community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Bridgeton, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Waterkotte immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Bridgeton, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient Bridgeton, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and reaching a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Waterkotte, our experienced Bridgeton, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Bridgeton, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Bridgeton, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Bridgeton is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near Bridgeton, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Waterkotte, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Bridgeton, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Bridgeton, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Bridgeton, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Bridgeton, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Bridgeton, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Bridgeton, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Bridgeton, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Bridgeton, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Bridgeton, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Bridgeton, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Bridgeton, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Bridgeton, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Bridgeton, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Bridgeton, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect of a DWI case in Bridgeton, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Many drivers in the Bridgeton, MO area do not know that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Bridgeton, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Bridgeton, MO at Combs Waterkotte, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the Bridgeton police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Bridgeton, MO | Combs Waterkotte
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Bridgeton, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Bridgeton, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Bridgeton will be significantly mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous people in Bridgeton, MO, Combs Waterkotte has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Bridgeton, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will promptly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Bridgeton, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial .