DWI Lawyer in Callaway County, MO
DWI Lawyer in Callaway County, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, especially considering the potential repercussions for Callaway County, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Callaway County community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Callaway County, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Waterkotte as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Callaway County, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Callaway County, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced or even dismissed charges. At Combs Waterkotte, our knowledgeable Callaway County, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Callaway County, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your Callaway County, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Callaway County is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near Callaway County, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Waterkotte, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Callaway County, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Callaway County, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Callaway County, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Callaway County, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Callaway County, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Callaway County, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Waterkotte lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Callaway County, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in Callaway County, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Waterkotte attorney will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Callaway County, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Callaway County, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Callaway County, MO legal team makes sure that the citizens of Callaway County, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Callaway County, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
- Child Pornography Defense Lawyer
- Criminal Lawyer
- Juvenile Defense Lawyer
- Sexual Misconduct Lawyer
- Traffic Ticket Lawyer
- Order of Protection Defense Lawyer
- Speeding Ticket Lawyer
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Callaway County, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet of a DWI case in Callaway County, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Many Callaway County, MO-area drivers do not know that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Callaway County, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Callaway County, MO at Combs Waterkotte, rest assured that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Callaway County police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Callaway County, MO | Combs Waterkotte
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Callaway County, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Callaway County, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Callaway County will be substantially reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Waterkotte has helped hundreds of Callaway County, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Callaway County, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Callaway County, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .