DWI Lawyer in Desloge, MO
DWI Lawyer in Desloge, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, especially considering the likely repercussions for Desloge, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Desloge community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Desloge, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Waterkotte immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Desloge, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective Desloge, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Waterkotte, our experienced Desloge, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Desloge, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Desloge, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Desloge is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Desloge, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Waterkotte will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Desloge, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Desloge, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Desloge, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI near Desloge, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Desloge, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Desloge, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Waterkotte attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Desloge, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in Desloge, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Waterkotte attorney will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Desloge, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Desloge, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Desloge, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Desloge, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Desloge, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Desloge, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Desloge, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Many drivers in the Desloge, MO area may not be aware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Desloge, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Desloge, MO at Combs Waterkotte, rest assured that our firm will promptly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the Desloge police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Contact A Desloge, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Waterkotte
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Desloge, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Desloge, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Desloge will be significantly mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous people in Desloge, MO, Combs Waterkotte has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Desloge, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Desloge, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Desloge, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Waterkotte to diligently handle your case.