Car Accident Lawyer in Barnhart, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Barnhart, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Barnhart, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help Barnhart, MO residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Barnhart car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Barnhart, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Barnhart, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Barnhart, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Barnhart auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Barnhart, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Barnhart for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, every day many car accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Barnhart, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Barnhart can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Barnhart accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Barnhart, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Barnhart, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Barnhart, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Barnhart car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a reputable and compassionate Barnhart, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Barnhart, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Barnhart, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Barnhart auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Barnhart, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Barnhart, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Barnhart, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Waterkotte, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a top Barnhart, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Barnhart residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Barnhart, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Barnhart, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Barnhart, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Barnhart car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.