Car Accident Lawyer in Cuba, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Cuba, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Cuba, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help residents of Cuba, MO who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Cuba car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Cuba, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Cuba, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Cuba, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Cuba, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Cuba in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Cuba, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Cuba can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Cuba accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Cuba, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Cuba, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Cuba, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Cuba car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Cuba, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Cuba, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Cuba, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Cuba auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Cuba, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Cuba, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Waterkotte, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Cuba, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Cuba residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Cuba, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Cuba, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Cuba, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a Cuba car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.