Car Accident Lawyer in Washington County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Washington County, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Washington County, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help Washington County, MO residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Washington County car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Washington County, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Washington County, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Washington County, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Washington County auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Washington County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Washington County in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Washington County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Washington County can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Washington County accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Washington County, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Washington County, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Washington County, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Washington County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding Washington County, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Washington County, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Washington County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Washington County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Washington County, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Washington County, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Waterkotte, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Washington County, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Washington County residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following a car accident in Washington County, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Washington County, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Washington County, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Washington County car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.