Car Accident Lawyer in Herculaneum, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Herculaneum, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in Herculaneum, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help Herculaneum, MO residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Herculaneum car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Herculaneum, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Herculaneum, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Herculaneum, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Herculaneum auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Herculaneum, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Herculaneum for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Herculaneum, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Herculaneum can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Herculaneum accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Herculaneum, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Herculaneum, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Herculaneum, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Herculaneum car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Herculaneum, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Herculaneum, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Herculaneum, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Herculaneum auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Herculaneum, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Herculaneum, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Waterkotte, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a competitive Herculaneum, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Herculaneum residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Herculaneum, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Herculaneum, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Herculaneum, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Herculaneum car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.