Car Accident Lawyer in Bourbon, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Bourbon, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Bourbon, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help Bourbon, MO residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Bourbon car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Bourbon, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Bourbon, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Bourbon, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Bourbon, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Bourbon in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Bourbon, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Bourbon can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Bourbon accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Bourbon, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Bourbon, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Bourbon, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Bourbon car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a reputable and understanding Bourbon, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Bourbon, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Bourbon, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Bourbon auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Bourbon, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Bourbon, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Waterkotte, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Bourbon, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Bourbon residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Bourbon, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Bourbon, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Bourbon, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Bourbon car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.