Car Accident Lawyer in Pagedale, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Pagedale, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an car accident in Pagedale, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help residents of Pagedale, MO who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Pagedale car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Pagedale, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Pagedale, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Pagedale, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Pagedale auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Pagedale, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Pagedale in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Pagedale, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Pagedale can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Pagedale accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Pagedale, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Pagedale, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Pagedale, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Pagedale car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Pagedale, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Pagedale, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Pagedale, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Pagedale auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Pagedale, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Pagedale, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Pagedale, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Waterkotte, we offer the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Pagedale, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Pagedale residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Pagedale, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Pagedale, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Pagedale, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a Pagedale car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.