Car Accident Lawyer in Perryville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Perryville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Perryville, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help Perryville, MO residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Perryville car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Perryville, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Perryville, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Perryville, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Perryville auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Perryville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Perryville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Perryville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Perryville can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Perryville accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Perryville, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Perryville, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Perryville, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Perryville car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Perryville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Perryville, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Perryville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Perryville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Perryville, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Perryville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Waterkotte, we offer the aggression and intelligence of an elite Perryville, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Perryville residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Perryville, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Perryville, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Perryville, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Perryville car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.