Car Accident Lawyer in New Florence, MO
Car Accident Lawyer New Florence, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in New Florence, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help residents of New Florence, MO who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our New Florence car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively for all our New Florence, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a New Florence, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated New Florence, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your New Florence auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service New Florence, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around New Florence in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran New Florence, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in New Florence can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to New Florence accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In New Florence, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across New Florence, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your New Florence, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your New Florence car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate New Florence, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in New Florence, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in New Florence, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your New Florence auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a New Florence, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a New Florence, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A New Florence, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Waterkotte, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive New Florence, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with New Florence residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in New Florence, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your New Florence, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in New Florence, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a New Florence car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.