Car Accident Lawyer in Steelville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Steelville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an car accident in Steelville, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Combs Waterkotte is here to help residents of Steelville, MO who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Steelville car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Steelville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Steelville, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Waterkotte, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Steelville, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Steelville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Steelville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Steelville for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Steelville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Waterkotte has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Steelville can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Steelville accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Steelville, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Steelville, MO, the staff at Combs Waterkotte suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Steelville, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Steelville car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Steelville, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Steelville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Steelville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Steelville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Steelville, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Steelville, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Steelville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Waterkotte, we offer the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Steelville, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Steelville residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Steelville, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Steelville, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Steelville, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Steelville car accident lawyer at Combs Waterkotte today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.