Wrongful Death Attorney in Wentzville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Wentzville, MO. Combs Waterkotte serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Waterkotte, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Waterkotte’s Wentzville, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. Our firm has helped many clients recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Wentzville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is important to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Wentzville, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Waterkotte’s Wentzville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Wentzville, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Wentzville, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Wentzville, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Wentzville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Waterkotte’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Wentzville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Waterkotte has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Wentzville, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.