Wrongful Death Attorney in Winchester, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Winchester, MO. Combs Waterkotte represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Waterkotte helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Winchester, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. We’ve helped many victims and their families recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Winchester, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Winchester, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Waterkotte’s Winchester, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Winchester, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Winchester, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Winchester, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Our Winchester, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is essential to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Waterkotte’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Winchester, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Winchester, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.