Wrongful Death Attorney in Gasconade County, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Gasconade County, MO. Combs Waterkotte represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Waterkotte, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Waterkotte’s Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. We have helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Gasconade County, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Gasconade County, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Waterkotte’s Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Gasconade County, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Our Gasconade County, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Waterkotte’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Gasconade County, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.