Wrongful Death Attorney in Glendale, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Glendale, MO. Combs Waterkotte represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Waterkotte, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Waterkotte’s Glendale, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. We have helped many survivors recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Glendale, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Glendale, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Waterkotte’s Glendale, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Glendale, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It is useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Glendale, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Glendale, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Glendale, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Waterkotte’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Glendale, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Glendale, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.