Wrongful Death Attorney in Richwoods, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Richwoods, MO. Combs Waterkotte represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Waterkotte, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Waterkotte’s Richwoods, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. We’ve helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Richwoods, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Richwoods, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Waterkotte’s Richwoods, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Richwoods, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s goal to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Richwoods, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Richwoods, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Richwoods, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Waterkotte’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Richwoods, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Waterkotte has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Richwoods, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.