The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inSt. Paul, Missouri
St. Paul, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind during the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, securing qualified defense counsel can be one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across St. Paul and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your St. Paul, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Waterkotte legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in St. Paul, Missouri is crucial. Combs Waterkotte’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in St. Paul, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your St. Paul, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Waterkotte legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the laws put in place to protect the accused. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in St. Paul, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to investigate your case to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and perplexing. A Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in St. Paul, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced St. Paul, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in St. Paul, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life through probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your St. Paul, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of St. Paul, Missouri criminal charges can be a unsettling and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte, you will find peace of mind knowing that you have an experienced professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you talk to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in St. Paul, Missouri, we’ve seen a broad range of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case brings its own unique set of legal nuances that call for the expertise of a seasoned St. Paul, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
If you are facing drug charges in St. Paul, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near St. Paul, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Waterkotte attorney can seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in St. Paul, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in St. Paul, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and other penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte representing you in St. Paul, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving St. Paul, Missouri, we are passionate about safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and offering empathetic and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs from our Clients
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also should look for an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified St. Paul, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment arrangements with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Waterkotte attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me in avoiding jail time?
Even though there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like the lawyers at Combs Waterkotte can aim to secure plea bargains, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and create a solid case on your behalf. Ultimately, your case result will depend on a number of factors, like how strong the evidence is against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in St. Paul, Missouri Now | Combs Waterkotte
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, it is paramount that you act right away. You deserve a solid defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Waterkotte defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can trust to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Waterkotte office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in St. Paul, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.