The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inSt. Charles, Missouri
St. Charles, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind during the process.
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a skilled defense attorney can be one of the most significant moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across St. Charles and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your St. Charles, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Waterkotte legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in St. Charles, Missouri is crucial. Combs Waterkotte’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in St. Charles, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your St. Charles, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Waterkotte legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in St. Charles, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to investigate your case to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in St. Charles, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced St. Charles, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in St. Charles, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your St. Charles, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, forensic experts or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of St. Charles, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte, you will enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have an experienced professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in St. Charles, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case brings its own unique set of challenges that require the skillset of a seasoned St. Charles, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
We often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can vary from minor possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in St. Charles, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near St. Charles, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Waterkotte attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in St. Charles, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to question the validity of the evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in St. Charles, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte representing you in St. Charles, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is crucial to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving St. Charles, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and offering understanding and effective representation. To book a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, reach out to us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also deserve an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified St. Charles, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment arrangements with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Waterkotte attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me stay out of jail?
Even though there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney similar to those from Combs Waterkotte can aim to secure plea bargains, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a solid case in your favor. In the end, your case result will depend on a number of factors, including the strength of the evidence against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in St. Charles, Missouri Today | Combs Waterkotte
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Waterkotte defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in St. Charles, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.