The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inLincoln County, Missouri
Lincoln County, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the legal proceedings.
If you are facing criminal charges, securing qualified defense counsel can be one of the most important decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Lincoln County and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Crucial Role of Your Lincoln County, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Waterkotte legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are focused to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri is crucial. Combs Waterkotte’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Lincoln County, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Lincoln County, Missouri area defense attorney, we ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Lincoln County, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Lincoln County, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, scientists or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Lincoln County, Missouri criminal charges can be a stressful and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte, you can find peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Lincoln County, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each type of charge brings its own set of challenges that require the experience of a seasoned Lincoln County, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from possession to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Lincoln County, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Lincoln County, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Waterkotte attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte representing you in Lincoln County, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is important to retain a defense attorney who has experience handling cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Lincoln County, Missouri, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and providing empathetic and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs our Attorneys Hear
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you deserve a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Lincoln County, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Waterkotte attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney help me avoid jail time?
Even though it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney such as those from Combs Waterkotte can strive to reach plea deals, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and construct a robust argument on your behalf. Ultimately, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, like how strong the evidence is against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri Now | Combs Waterkotte
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Waterkotte defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can depend upon to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Waterkotte office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Lincoln County, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.