The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inClayton, Missouri
Clayton, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind during the process.
If you are facing criminal charges, securing qualified defense counsel is one of the most significant decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Waterkotte has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Clayton and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Clayton, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Waterkotte legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri is essential. Combs Waterkotte’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Clayton, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Clayton, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Waterkotte legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri and reasons for retain one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Clayton, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Clayton, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, technical experts or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of Clayton, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte, you will find peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you talk to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Clayton, Missouri, we’ve seen a diverse set of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case brings its own set of legal nuances that require the expertise of a seasoned Clayton, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from possession to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Clayton, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Clayton, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Waterkotte attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to question the validity of the evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Waterkotte defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire criminal justice process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Waterkotte in Clayton, Missouri to dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is important to hire a defense attorney who has experience handling cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Clayton, Missouri, we are committed to defending our clients’ legal rights and offering compassionate and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions our Attorneys Hear
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you deserve an attorney who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Clayton, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Waterkotte attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me in avoiding jail time?
Despite the fact that it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney similar to those from Combs Waterkotte can strive to reach plea bargains, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and construct a solid defense for your side. At the end of the day, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, like the strength of the evidence against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Clayton, Missouri Today | Combs Waterkotte
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Waterkotte defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can depend upon to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Clayton, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.